Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: The May Queen Murders & The Leaving

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine
This week, I also have two books I would like to share. I want to read these two so bad and I cannot wait for their release. Funnily enough, they're both thrillers, which I love :D


The May Queen Murders

Title: The May Queen Murders
Author: Sarah Jude
Publisher: HMH Books For Young Readers
Publication Date: May 3rd 2016
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Realistic Fiction
Stay on the roads. Don’t enter the woods. Never go out at night.
Those are the rules in Rowan’s Glen, a remote farming community in the Missouri Ozarks where Ivy Templeton’s family has lived for centuries. It’s an old-fashioned way of life, full of superstition and traditions, and sixteen-year-old Ivy loves it. The other kids at school may think the Glen kids are weird, but Ivy doesn’t care—she has her cousin Heather as her best friend. The two girls share everything with each other—or so Ivy thinks. When Heather goes missing after a May Day celebration, Ivy discovers that both her best friend and her beloved hometown are as full of secrets as the woods that surround them. 
| GOODREADS

My Thoughts


I can't remember if I've said this before, I'm pretty sure I have, but I'm going to say it again. I love thrillers and mysteries, especially ones that are dark and gritty. Although I prefer extreme psychological thrillers that are all messed up in the head like Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, YA thrillers still engage me. Ever since I've read The 100 Society (click for my review), I've been addicted to thrillers whether they are YA, NA or Adult. So when this book popped up on my goodreads feed, I immediately clicked on it and started wanting it just looking at the cover. The description is also very appealing and I want to get this book as soon as possible! Although it's getting released on the day of my first GCSE exam *sigh*, well I guess I'll have to push it back a little :D 

The Leaving

Title: The Leaving
Author: Tara Altebrando
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Publication Date: June 7th 2016
Genre: YA, Mystery, Suspense, Contemporary
Six were taken. Eleven years later, five come back--with no idea of where they've been.
Eleven years ago, six kindergarteners went missing without a trace. After all that time, the people left behind moved on, or tried to.
Until today. Today five of those kids return. They're sixteen, and they are . . . fine. Scarlett comes home and finds a mom she barely recognizes, and doesn't really recognize the person she's supposed to be, either. But she thinks she remembers Lucas. Lucas remembers Scarlett, too, except they're entirely unable to recall where they've been or what happened to them. Neither of them remember the sixth victim, Max. He doesn't come back. Everyone wants answers. Most of all Max's sister Avery, who needs to find her brother--dead or alive--and isn't buying this whole memory-loss story.

My Thoughts


Now this book isn't actually thriller, I know that, but it's still in the mystery and suspense side which, again, I really enjoy reading. It isn't horror, despite the cover making it look like it is, but either way, it's because of the plot that pulled me in. As far as I can tell with this book, it's about disappearing children (well duh, June). But I have to say, it's because of that catchy slogan that hooked me. 

Six were taken. Five came back.

Like, come on, how can you not become interested just reading that? I'm hooked already. I am excited for this book and I cannot wait till it comes out :D

___________________________________________________________________

So yeah, that was my WOW.

What's your Waiting on Wednesday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...