Friday, March 22, 2013

REVIEW: Department 19: Battle Lines by Will Hill

Department 19: Battle Lines

Plot:

   It's always darkest before dawn.

   Secret government unit Department 19 is recovering from evil vampire Valeri Rusmanov's attack on their base. The Department newest member , teenage operator Jamie Carpenter, is tasked with training up a new squad, as his friends and colleagues desperately search for ways to try and stop what is coming. 
   The timing couldn't be worse for a coordinated, global attack on a number of maximum security prisons and hospitals -- with the already dangerous inmates now on the loose and turned into vampires. One of the escapees has a deep connection to one of the darkest moments in the history of Department 19 and embarks on a quest that threatens to expose the existence of vampires to the public. And with each day that passes, the regenerated Dracula gets stronger, bringing Zero Hour closer.
   In this third instalment of the epic Department 19 series, Will Hill delivers higher--and sharper--stakes than ever before.

My review: 

 
   WOW.

   WOW.

   JUST ... WOW.

(WARNING, IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE SECOND BOOK, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW!)
I am speechless. After hours and hours of screaming "I NEED THE FOURTH BOOK" (if there is one), I finally decided I was calm enough to write a review. 
Will delivered a spectacular book. After the AWESOME fight in Department 19: The Rising, I was again, speechless after reading this one. 
This book carried on from where it ended, the department trying to fix up the base after the near-war. Jamie was given a task to train two new recruits after the deaths of so many other operators (sniff sniff). While Larissa was sent to the U.S Nevada. Again, I loved everyone, ESPECIALLY VALENTIN!! Oh my god, that old vampire!! I have the hots for him (joke). 
The book carried loads of action and blood and gore (which you should know by now that I LOVE). This series is the best series I've ever read. EVER. 
Now, onto the bad guys. 
After the near-war, Dracula took General Seward captive and while Dracula rests, drawing Zero Hour closer, there are other problems going on too. 
Vampires are stronger than before, faster and harder to kill. The Department has no idea why or how, but Matt and his scientists team are on the tracks. 
I love the fact that the book doesn't stray on the same genre. It jumps from action, blood and gore to mystery, to romance, to thriller and back to action again. I mean, sometimes I hate it but this series just surprise me every time. 
The love between Larissa and Jamie kind of stretches a bit, but I love the fact that they still loved each other. Love triangles aren't my thing, I LOATH THEM, but I made an exception in this book. That's probably the only thing I don't like, but that's not really the main thing of the book, so it doesn't really count for me.
The blood and gore was AWESOME AND AMAZING!! I can practically imagine it when the vampires burst and the blood spraying my face. It was so realistic and even though it's not, I REALLY WISH I WAS ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS!! I want to stake some vamps...
I received this copy as a kindle edition from the publisher themselves and even though I have this copy, I AM STILL GOING TO DEFINITELY BUYING THE PAPERBACK/HARDBACK COPY!! I have the first two books at home and I cannot leave this one stranded. 

I give 10 trillion stars out of 10 for this book!!
I love it so much and I REALLY NEED THE FOURTH BOOK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...