Tuesday, March 19, 2013

REVIEW: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Dare You To by Katie McGarry


Title: Dare You To
Author: Katie McGarry
Publication Date: May 28th 2013


   If Anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mum's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth find herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does...
   Ryan Stone is the town's golden boy, a popular baseball star-jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.
   But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dream - and his life - for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it. 
| Goodreads

My review:

   Dare you to was a very intense romance story. It starts with the main two characters, Beth and Ryan. They are opposites, Ryan is the guy who you would call the popular guy and Beth is the freak. 
   Beth has a deep secret that would destroy not only her life but her mum's life also. The story took on a roller-coaster ride of a romance. It went from just easy dares to a deep emotional ride of trusts and faith.
   I loved the story line, the way Katie has each different way of describing each characters differently. I loved all the characters in here, Beth, Ryan, Chris, Scott, Isiah and all the others. They were all so likeable, loveable even.
   For me, I like the whole bad-boy and innocent girl more but this was a great opposite. Bad-girl and innocent boy. Beth was a great character, swears a lot, which I like, and she has an edge to her that i think everybody likes. Ryan, was more of a good boy, which I didn't enjoy very much since everything he says was a bit formal, if he swears more, I WOULD HAVE LOVED HIM. But I like him. He's kind, what a gentleman should be, and he was understanding.
   I give this book 4.5 out of 5 because as I said before, bad-boy, good-girl thing was more of my type but I love everything in this book. About the fact that both characters had a secret that they didn't want to tell and each had their own problems.
   I love Katie's writing style, it keeps me on edge thinking that she would do this, he would do that, but Katie always surprise me, every time! That is what I love about her books.
   I am so excited to read the 3rd instalment of the third book!!!!
   4.5 stars.

   

1 comment:

  1. You just reminded me that I need to review this book :P I read it, but haven't reviewed it yet. Where do you get your ARC copies? I get mine off Netgalley, but it's better for you since your UK. Right?

    ReplyDelete

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...